Laser Hair Removal
The Vein Clinic & Medical Aesthetics utilizes the Syneron Candela Gentle Max Pro with the Alexandrite/Nd:YAG lasers to provide the best hair removal results for all skin types. Most patients achieve up to 90 percent of hair growth reduction with a complete series of treatments. A treatment series is typically 6-8 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. However, progress will vary based on hair color and skin type. Most clients are pleasantly surprised by the amount of hair removal that they experience by the third treatment.
We treat all areas of the body. The most popular areas for women include upper lip, underarms, bikini line, and legs. The most popular areas for men include the back of the neck, back, chest, and abdomen.
We have affordable starter packages or one treatment options that will fit into anyone’s budget so that you know exactly what you are paying for. Just call 844-808-3467 to book an appointment and get started on the path to silky smooth skin.
Before and After Care for Laser Hair Removal
If you have decided to opt for laser hair removal, there are several ways that you can ensure the end-result reaches its full potential. A common mistake of those undergoing this procedure is the lack of understanding towards providing the skin with the necessary before and after care. Luckily, we’ve put together a few tips on how to prep for your treatment and to achieve the best outcome possible (you can thank us later).
We are unable to treat you if you:
- Have experienced more than 2 hours of UV exposure to the treatment area within 1 week of treatment.
- Have experienced a sunburn or a tan within 2 weeks of treatment.
- Are on a long-term antibiotic which may cause photosensitivity
- Have used Accutane in the past 6 months
- Are pregnant
- Have a tattoo in the desired treatment area. We can go around it but not over.
- Have epilepsy
- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven. Do not wax, tweeze, or use a mechanical epilator in the area to be treated. Unshaven clients will be rescheduled.
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- If you have experienced a sunburn or have a tan you must wait 2 weeks before being treated to avoid any possible skin damage.
- Avoid sunless tanning products 7 days prior to your treatment. It is recommended that you exfoliate the area to remove any residual color.
- Avoid chemical peels, botox/fillers, micro-needling and/or other laser procedures in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior and two weeks after your laser treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores in the area in which you will be treated, it is recommended to take an anti-viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment. Clients with active cold sores will not be treated.
- You may experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. If these conditions persist, topical creams such as aloe, calamine or 1 % hydrocortisone may be applied.
- Start to exfoliate treated areas after 72 hours, or after redness/skin irritation has resolved, to minimize risk of ingrown hairs. Allow a minimum of 7 to 14 days post treatment for hair to shed from the skin.
- If you experience any post-treatment discomfort due to heat or itching you may use cool towels, ice packs or aloe vera to alleviate those symptoms.
- Avoid exposure to heat (hot baths, hot tubs, saunas or excessive sweating for the first 24 hours post treatment).
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least 2 weeks post-treatment or until healing has occurred.
- Avoid extended UV exposure for 7 days post-treatment. Using a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 or higher is recommended when receiving laser treatments.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include: Hyperpigmentation (darkening of skin), Hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red small bumps like “goose bumps” around the hair follicles), swelling and itching in the treated area, hives, rashes, or bruising. If you experience any side effects please call or come in for instructions on treatment.
By completing the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your provider you can ensure that you will achieve the best results!